Interesting weather information pertaining mostly to south Florida.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Funnel Cloud As Seen From Boca


Just before 10:30AM Pompano Airport reported a funnel cloud offshore. As soon as I saw the report I ran outside and started taking pictures of the best funnel cloud I have seen all year. As usual from a distance funnels are very hard to capture due to the contrast of the dark sky where the funnel cloud is. After playing with the image in Picasa tonight I have made the funnel cloud more visible as seen above.

Pompano, Fort Lauderdale Executive and Fort Lauderdale International Airports (PMP, FXE, FLL) all reported funnel clouds/waterspouts/tornadoes during the 10AM hour.

I am still waiting to hear more and if by chance you observed one today please leave a comment on the blog here.

Finally, Dolly will be making landfall tomorrow as a possible catagory two hurricane. I will have more coverage tomorrow and updates via Twitter.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: