Interesting weather information pertaining mostly to south Florida.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Lots of Lightning

The storms did roll through our area late this afternoon. We had over an inch of rain here at the home station. Lightning activity was high today with these storms with a couple of flickers of power as well. During the peak of the activity around 6PM tonight it sounded as if there was some hail but I did not observe any. A Severe Thunderstorm Warning was issued for our area due to this storm.

Speaking of observing my daughter and I saw a funnel cloud this morning off the coast of Deerfield Beach, FL. This was the first for my daughter. We saw it from the street in front of our house and observed it moving north along the coast. None of the pictures or video I took has any quality so they will not be posted.

So for Sunday I believe we will still see some thunderstorms in the afternoon but they should not be as widespread or as severe as today's activity. I will update that statement in the morning.

No comments: